Web stats- Urchin
This software is used to track the logs of IIS and apache and displays reports.
- In-house Flexibility: Configure Urchin to fit your specific requirements and process/reprocess log files as frequently as you wish.
- Great for intranets: Analyze firewall-protected content, such as corporate intranets, without any outside internet connection.
- Pagetags or IP+User Agent: Choose which methodology works best for you. You can even have the pagetags make a call to your Google Analytics account and run both products together allowing you to audit the pre and post processed data.
- Advanced Visitor Segmentation: Cross segment visitor behavior by language, geographic location, and other factors.
- Geo-targeting: Find out where your visitors come from and which markets have the greatest profit potential.
- Funnel Visualization: Eliminate conversion bottlenecks and reduce the numbers of prospects who drift away unconverted.
- Complete Conversion Metrics: See ROI, revenue per click, average visitor value and more.
- Keyword Analysis: Compare conversion metrics across search engines and keywords.
- A/B Test Reporting: Test banner ads, emails, and keywords and fine-tune your creative content for better results.
- Ecommerce Analytics: Trace transactions to campaigns and keywords, get loyalty and latency metrics, and see product merchandising reports.
- Search engine robots, server errors and file type reports: Get the stuff that only log data can report on.
- Visitor History Drilldown: dig into visitor behavior with the ability to view session/path, platform, geo-location, browser/platform, etc. data on an individual-visitor basis (note: this data is anonymous).
|Feature||Urchin 6||Google Analytics|
|Install and manage on your own servers||Yes||No|
|Can be used on firewall-protected corporate intranets||Yes||No|
|Reprocess historical data (from logfiles)||Yes||No|
|Can process/re-process your log files locally||Yes||No|
|Can collect information through tags||No||Yes|
|Reports on robot/spider activity||Yes||No|
|Reports on server errors/status codes||Yes||No|
|Tightly integrated with AdWords||No||Yes|
|Can report on paid search campaigns||Yes||Yes|
|Visitor session/navigation path analyses||Yes||No|
|Raw data accessible for custom report-building||Yes||No|
|Exclusively supported by authorized consultants||Yes||No|